Monday, November 28, 2011

Visit to Santa

Last Wednesday I took the boys to go see Santa for the first time this year (Bryce's 1st trip ever:) ). I wasn't sure how Grant was going to do since he kept reminding me he cried when he saw Santa last year. I can't believe he actually remembers that and even asked Andrew if he had told him. We were the only ones in line so we got to spend lots of time with him. Grant was a little timid at first, but warmed up quickly. Bryce, of course, didn't mind at all and smiled the whole time. Here is the funny conversation between Grant and Santa. Santa asked what he wanted for XMAS..Grant says, " A train table. M&Ms. Gatorade. " Santa then looked at me and said, "In all of my years I have never had a kid ask me for Gatorade". They then chat a little while and Santa gave Grant a coloring book. Grant looked at it pointed to the picture of Santa and yelled "Santa!" then he pointed at the snowman and yelled "Ghost! " Santa gave me a strange look and told Grant it was his friend Frosty the Snowman. I have now told him repeatedly when he sees a snowman and yells ghost that they are snowman, but even today when we pulled up to the house he informed me we had a ghost in our yard. I am sure we will visit Santa again before Christmas when Andrew is with us, but had to share the first experience of the season:)

No comments: