Tuesday, March 9, 2010

15 Months

Last week Grant had his 15 month checkup at the Dr. He was in the 25% for weight-22 pounds 12 oz (though on our scale at home he is 23.5), height 55%-31.5 inches and his head was in the 75%! Not sure where that came from because I don't think he has a big head at all.

Updates for his baby book....(I am not as good about doing this anymore)

-I feel like he is a little sponge right now doing/learning new things every day.
-He loves to play outside with the older neighbor kids. He wants to do everything they do.
-He is such a lover! He likes to hug his friends and sit in laps. I love when he gives hug and puts his arms around your neck to give you a big open mouth kiss. Grant flirts with anyone and everywhere! Always smiling at strangers (I think he gets this from his friend Mason).
Little story...we were at playgroup last week and Grant was swinging his arms around and hit a little girl twice. I ran over and told him no and said he hurt his friend and told him to say sorry. Obviously he doesn't know how to say sorry but he went over and hugged her. My heart melted!
-He is definitely a climber-you have to watch him like a hawk or he is getting into something.
-His favorite toys were anything in the kitchen or bathroom until we locked him out of most of them. He also LOVES the vacuum cleaner and the swiffer.
-Still loves to chase Chief around and bring him toys and food. Grant enjoys sharing his milk and snacks with him.
-He has been saying-mama, dada, dog for a long time and before he was 1 and had bottles he would say baba. He then learned hi, up and ball. I then felt for the longest time he didn't have any new words and then in the past few weeks he learned a handful at once. Now he says book, milk, bye, baby and nana (for banana). He also repeats a lot of words we say, but he hasn't used those on his own. He jibbers a whole bunch and reads his books this way.
-Grant still loves his fruit , not so crazy about vegetables and loves pizza. He still hates hamburger meat.
-Still one good nap a day-goes down between 11-12 and normally sleeps 2-3 hours.
-Clothes- Still 12-18 months and 18 months

OK I think those are all his usual updates for his baby book. He is having his Easter pictures done on Friday so I will post some of those next week. Also new-Grant will be going to Southminster School next year on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-2. I think he is going to love it and can't wait!

No comments: